So... I'm Scott. I'm a 36 year old, single dad and I'm starting a Christian blog. Obviously, because the internet needed one more.
Apart from the overwhelming desire to blast my thoughts into an electronic void, there are times that I simply feel led to say things and I don't necessarily have anyone to say them to. The posts you find here won't have an overly negative tone. I'm a positive guy. I like to share positivity. Although, a considerable portion of my thoughts are directed at Christian men like myself with a core message of, "Wake up!" I might take my brothers to task from time to time, but it will never be a judgmental, holier-than-thou approach.
The one thing I'm certain of is that I am not perfect and I do not have it all figured out. But, to use the Christian cliché, the guy I follow is perfect. I do know beyond the shadow of a doubt that Jesus makes my life better on a massive scale. Even when things aren’t going well, He provides peace of mind, release from fear, and an overwhelming sense that everything is going to be fine. I want everyone to know that feeling. Even more, I want everyone to take that feeling and then proceed to do what Jesus inspires us to do. To love other people. To help. To change the world. The things I write here will often be a reminder to myself that I'm not doing enough.
Talking about Faith is tough.
Apart from the overwhelming desire to blast my thoughts into an electronic void, there are times that I simply feel led to say things and I don't necessarily have anyone to say them to. The posts you find here won't have an overly negative tone. I'm a positive guy. I like to share positivity. Although, a considerable portion of my thoughts are directed at Christian men like myself with a core message of, "Wake up!" I might take my brothers to task from time to time, but it will never be a judgmental, holier-than-thou approach.
The one thing I'm certain of is that I am not perfect and I do not have it all figured out. But, to use the Christian cliché, the guy I follow is perfect. I do know beyond the shadow of a doubt that Jesus makes my life better on a massive scale. Even when things aren’t going well, He provides peace of mind, release from fear, and an overwhelming sense that everything is going to be fine. I want everyone to know that feeling. Even more, I want everyone to take that feeling and then proceed to do what Jesus inspires us to do. To love other people. To help. To change the world. The things I write here will often be a reminder to myself that I'm not doing enough.
Talking about Faith is tough.
Why? Because it makes people uneasy. I don’t like to make anyone uncomfortable. It’s part of who I am, part of the way I was raised. "Religious" discussion makes non-believers very uncomfortable; even angry. And I like to make people angry even less than I like to make them uncomfortable. But if we ARE friends or family, the chances are I love you.
If you want to comment or retort on anything I write, please do. You'll receive no hate here.
If you want to comment or retort on anything I write, please do. You'll receive no hate here.
No comments:
Post a Comment